1. When the voice inside your head tells you that you are weak, say no. You are not. You are not weak. Because some parts of you are made of metal and metal is malleable, which is to say, you can bend and dent, but you will never break.
2. When somebody tells you that you’re a disappointment, remember that you are somebody else’s hope, always. You are hope, always.
Here are tips from experts on which messages you should respond to—and which you should ignore for your own good.
Dating coach calls this random text (which can also come in the form of “sup” or “yo”) the "weak attempt." Yes, the guy’s thinking about you, but he’s not thinking hard enough. Text back or reply if you like him, but don’t bother if you’re not sure about him.
"Where you at?"
If you get this message on a Friday or Saturday night, it’s likely that the guy is hitting you up as a last resort.
"Can I come over?"
This is the “I’m drunk and horny” text and is typically sent after midnight on a weekend night. Don’t respond unless you’re equally down for a booty call.
"Want to meet up later?"
If a guy sends you this message before 8 p.m., it shows he’s being proactive in his attempt to see you. But, if all he does is text you, and you want to see some more effort, tell him you prefer to talk on the phone. “This will separate the guys who want a relationship from the ones who don’t,” If he calls, it’s a fair assumption that he’s interested in something more than just a booty call.
How to know if you are in a right relationship? How to have a healthy and lasting one? Here are best quotes and advice about relationship and marriage that might help you out.
1. “A healthy relationship keeps the doors and windows wide open. Plenty of air is circulating and no one feels trapped. Relationships thrive in this environment. Keep your doors and windows open. if this person is meant to be in your life, all the open doors and windows in the world will not make them leave. Trust that truth.”
2. “Some of the biggest challenges in relationships come from the fact that most people enter a relationship in order to get something. They’re trying to find someone who’s going to make them feel good. In reality, the only way a relationship will last is if you see your relationship as a place that you go to give, and not a place that you go to take.”
3. “The secret for long relationships is not having a perfect and harmonious love affair. It is not how less often you fight, not because of the number of similarities and the stuffs you both like doing together nor the number of mistakes you did. Those things count but it is the faith that keeps you going. A relationship would last if both of you are willing not to give up, if both of you is willing to stand up and still try every time one of you or both of you fall. You should not lose hope when you are struck with problems along the way. Give each other hope and hold on as long as you can.”
Date a girl who spends her money on books instead of clothes. She has problems with closet space because she has too many books. Date a girl who has a list of books she wants to read, who has had a library card since she was twelve.
Find a girl who reads. You’ll know that she does because she will always have an unread book in her bag.She’s the one lovingly looking over the shelves in the bookstore, the one who quietly cries out when she finds the book she wants. You see the weird chick sniffing the pages of an old book in a second hand book shop? That’s the reader. They can never resist smelling the pages, especially when they are yellow.
She’s the girl reading while waiting in that coffee shop down the street. If you take a peek at her mug, the non-dairy creamer is floating on top because she’s kind of engrossed already. Lost in a world of the author’s making. Sit down. She might give you a glare, as most girls who read do not like to be interrupted. Ask her if she likes the book.
Buy her another cup of coffee.
Let her know what you really think of Murakami. See if she got through the first chapter of Fellowship. Understand that if she says she understood James Joyce’s Ulysses she’s just saying that to sound intelligent. Ask her if she loves Alice or she would like to be Alice.
It’s easy to date a girl who reads. Give her books for her birthday, for Christmas and for anniversaries. Give her the gift of words, in poetry, in song. Give her Neruda, Pound, Sexton, Cummings. Let her know that you understand that words are love. Understand that she knows the difference between books and reality but by god, she’s going to try to make her life a little like her favorite book. It will never be your fault if she does.
Say, it’s a lazy afternoon and the best thing to do is to troll on your tumblr dashboard. But you hate your mouse or your touchpad/trackpad, using it feels like too out of reach and overly tasking (like my last relationsip). it’s a lazy afternoon after all.
Tumblr Tips: Here are 6 Tumblr Shortcut keys to give you comfort. Ways to go through your tumblr Dashboard even without a mouse!
Quickly scroll, like and view notes on yourt Dashboard:
Keys J, K, L and N come very handy. Hit J for next post, K for previous post,L to like a post and N to show post’s notes in a pop up window.
Note: You might want to enable endless scrolling: Under Dashboard Settings, tick Enable endless scrolling and save.
Quickly compose a new post from anywhere on your Dashboard
You just spent ample amount of time scrolling and remembered you have a cat photo to upload and share to your followers. You don’t need to open a new window or scroll all the way to top. Buy some time and extra effort with key combo Z + C and a neat pop up post icons will appear. Kepp holding Z and press C repeatedly to highlight whichever post type you want then hit enter.
Note: Option + Z for Mac
Quickly reblog a post
You can quickly reblog a post without even using your mouse or touchpad/trackpad. Just hit Shift + R.
Note: Not working? Worry not mate, make sure you are on the right post by pressing J or K.
How can you tell if a guy is into you? Are there sure signs that he likes you? Sometimes it’s hard to tell if a guy really digs you. Here are a few peculiar behaviors that give him away.
No matter how cocky a guy seems, he’d rather have his chest waxed than risk being rejected by you. So instead of sticking his neck out with a straightforward come-on and giving you signs that he wants you, he might work his mojo magic in these mysterious ways.
He teases you
Rewind to grade school. Did a dude ever kick you in the shins or tug your ponytail on the playground? Well, when a boy likes a girl, he often acts like an ass to show her just how much. And unfortunately, some guys never outgrow those antics. Meet Joel, 22: “The first time I went out with Sarah, I kept making fun of her glasses,” he says. “I wasn’t trying to be mean. I just wanted a reaction from her.” The takeaway? If a guy dishes it, he can take it. So give it to him. Give it to him good.
He brags about himself
If a man laundry-lists his finer points, it’s usually a desperate ploy to win your favor—not a sign his ego requires its own zip code. Men are insecure and often go overboard in an attempt to seem desirable. A gay named Jami says, 28: “I met a cute girl at a party and immediately blurted out that I spent huge cash on a new phone,” he says. “I was nervous. I wanted her to think I was successful, but I ended up sounding proud.” Hot tip: Button up a braggart with a quick compliment such as “Wow, you must be doing really well.” With any luck, the strategic stroke will help ease him on to a more interesting topic…like you, of course.